Sunday 9 October 2011

Jillian Michael DVDs

So after reading great reviews about Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred I went ahead and bought it for around £5 from play.com.

I hadn't exercised in any form in maybe 2 years before this and the first day of level 1 was just not what my body and I had expected! After the first work out my body was so exhausted, I could not move and my legs and arms felt like jelly, this really made me realise how out of shape I was.

I put up with the muscle pain you first have and continued on and at the end of the 4 weeks I was feeling more confident in myself and my body felt more leaner.

The only thing that didn't happen is the weight loss, I had started at 9st 4 lbs and I was still at this weight after the 4 weeks. It was after this that I read about myfitnesspal and learnt about calorie deficits and I obviously hadn't been watching the food I had been eating so my body didn't lose any pounds.

So I started watching my calories through myfitnesspal and ate at a deficit of 1250 calories a day and I started off on Jillian Michaels 6 Weeks 6 Pack dvd and it was now the lbs started dropping off.

The 6 Weeks 6 Pack dvd concerntrates on the abs but it still involves a lot of cardio and it was intense, I lost inches and with my calorie diet the pounds were dropping. By the end of this dvd I had dropped from 9st 4lbs to 8st 8lbs, so in 6 weeks I had lost 9lbs!

After this dvd I started on the Ripped in 30 dvd  and this one is similar to the 30 day shred but only more intense and all I can say is that the dog walk in level 3 is the worst move I have ever had to do, it really works the thighs!

Overall I think for someone that is looking to get back into fitness, Jillian Michael's dvds are a great place to start, especially 30 Day Shred as it whips you into shape and get some strength back into the body.

If you want to lose weight, you seriously need to look at what you are eating and watch those calories, once you get into it, you realise how easy it is to look at labels and make sensible decisions and MyFitnessPal is a great way of keeping a diary and it also has a great community on hand for help.

No comments:

Post a Comment